Tuesday, December 11, 2007

So K came over on Saturday and we had a really great visit. She is definitely down to earth and friendly. She told us a lot about Fostering and that you had more of a chance to adopt if you were a foster parent because they usually have first dibs on the kids they foster. Anyway we were told we could accommodate up to 4 children, and that's good because I'v actually always wanted 4 children so how ironic is that! She did a walk through our home and of course we are under construction a little, but she was not too concerned and she seemed to be very positive so that is good. She was at our house for a little over 2 hours. She signed us up for our Pre-Service Training courses which start in March so we are on our way.

I told everyone at my Bunco group that we were having our home visit on Saturday and they were all excited for us. I actually found out that a few of my girls at Bunco go to church and are good friends with a girl who is a DCFS worker so they gave me her contact info so I can pick her brain a little bit. It will be good to have a Christian perspective on the whole foster adoption scenario.

So it should be all quite here on the home front until classes begin, but if anything changes I will post. Until then hope all of you are fairing well in your adventures.

No comments: