Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Dreaded Mornings and Exceptional Parents

I am really beginning to dread weekday mornings. Because Baby J has been sick my DH has been home with him for the last couple weeks so he gets to sleep in until Baby J gets up which is usually around the time me and the other kids are walking out the door. N4 has been really testing me in the mornings by asking every day if today is his visit. Here's how our conversations go:

N4: Mom is my visit today?
Mom: What day is your visit on?
N4: Friday
Mom: What day is it today?
N4: Tuesday
Mom: I am so proud of you for answering your own question.
N4: Mom is my visit today?
Mom: SHUT UP AND GET DRESSED! HA HA HA Just kidding

I end with a no comment and try to change the subject before N4 has a meltdown. I usually have to wake DH to go in and give N4 a dose of reality. For some reason he responds so much better to DH and does not try his patience. I don't know why N4 must always look for meltdown material when he is with me. I guess because he knows he can push my buttons and that's exactly what he does. So today I am bringing home a calendar so he can check off the days until his visit so at least this question will be a none issue - hopefully.

We have decided to have X6 and N4 no longer take baths together as they have shown some questionable behaviour in the bath tub. We believe it is innocent, but we think it is time to have some boundries and privacy during bath times. I think this will be good for everyone because usually if we let them bathe together there was water all over the place and they were always way too loud and they usually bathed while Baby J was sleeping.

My parents have come over for the last 3 days and it has been wonderful having them around. My mom usually does laundry for me and helps with Baby J so that when I come home all I have to do is enjoy Baby J and bark orders at N4 and X6. Today she is at my home making banana bread for us and tomorrow she will be driving Baby J and I to the Pulmonologist as it is downtown and I am not too fond of driving downtown. I must say she is a life saver. I don't think I appreciate my mom as much as I should. Lord knows she can drive me up a wall sometimes, but I think she means well. If you have ever seen Everybody Love's Raymond - she is Marie! Always getting into everyone's business and stirring up trouble and very nosy always thinking she is right about everything, but she always means well. Do you know anyone like that? I do love her and couldn't even imagine life without my mom or dad for that matter.

No comments: