Monday, February 23, 2009

So I waited on Friday to find out of BM would show up and guess what? Big surprise here. . . Baby J's mom was a no show! The driver went to pick her up and he said he new she was inside, but she would not answer the door. How about that. My DH was a little shocked, because he thought for sure the BM would be there today since she has already missed seeing her son for over 3 weeks. Such is life!

This weekend X6 and N4 have been sick with fever's and coughing so they stayed home from school today. This morning we had X6's domain for his IEP and it seems like they have a pretty good group of people who are going to be helping X6 be all that he can be! The CW was there and my DH and I talked to him afterwards about the baby bump that we saw the mom sporting at the last visit and all he said was "I don't see that being a problem with the case at all." Oh good for a second there I was worried that another child would come into this f****d up situation. Of course I didn't say that, but whatever. Then we proceeded to tell the CW about how we are going to be driving Baby J to his visits and he asked us why? He said if the BM is getting a driving service why are we driving Baby J then his next comment kind of shocked me he said "Never do more than the parents do." Isn't that kind of the reason the kids are the way they are because the parents didn't step up to the plate. Isn't that the kind of situation we want to avoid the kids being in. If I wanted to put the effort in that the parents put in, I wouldn't be doing foster care.

This same CW is the same one who is trying to find respite care for us for when we go to my BIL wedding. I keep pestering him because I told him at the very beginning of January that we would need respite and we are leaving in 2- 1/2 weeks and we still haven't heard anything from him, so I pestered him one more time today and the CW said if we don't find anything by the time we leave then he will take them! Wow, I'm shocked. Part of me wants him to have these kids so he knows what we deal with on a day to day basis and part of me wants them to go to another foster home so this way for one we will finally be put in contact with another foster family in our area. If anyone knows anyone who fosters in Naperville/Bolingbrook, IL area please let me know.

5 comments:

Maddie's Mom said...

I just wanted to say hi. I found your blog on the blogroll on Postcards from Insanity. I'm a foster parent too with my first placement that we've had for 5 months. I hope the CW finds respite care soon for you.

StarfishMom said...

Hey there. I, too, found you through Postcards from Insanity. My husband and I are foster parents in NY since 2005. Right now we are fostering a baby girl (16 months). She has been with us since May 08. X, N and J are so blessed to have you looking after them. This whole fostering 'thing' has been a roller coaster ride for us but I know that God has perfect timing. My foster blog is:

http://www.savingstarfish.blogspot.com/

email me with any questions or if you need to vent.

annieology said...

Just found you. We used to have to drive 3.5 hours to visits, and sometimes mama would show up, sometimes not - this with six of her kids in our car. Blech

She eventually had 5 kids UNDER 3 - all of them at 47 week intervals. The last pregnancy cps didn't "know about" until she cancelled a visit because she was going in for a c-section. I had told the CW 400 times she was prego but they couldn't invade her privacy.

And finally, last year we asked in January to go on vacation in July. We were literally pulling out of the driveway on the way to the airport before we got permission.

Sorry to hear it's f*ed up everywhere. I don't live in IL, sorry.

Maddie's Mom said...

I've been reading your blog the past few days, and I've learned some things that I didn't know.

I nominated you for an award. Stop by my blog to see.

http://madisonmyangel.blogspot.com/

FOSTER2ADOPT NEWBIES said...

Hey thanks everyone for stopping by and reading. The good news is we do have respite the bad news is I'm feeling really guilty about it and I will explain why in my next post.